Author Topic: Advice on watches. Between Omega SMPc and Tudor black bay heritage 41  (Read 966 times)

Offline Nazrain

Hi everyone! Would like some advice from all sifus here. Im looking to buy a pre-owned watch and narrowed it down to the Omega Seamaster (2015) Ref 212.30.41.20.01.003 and the Tudor black bay 41 (2022) Ref 79230R. Would like sifus opinion on both of these watches. Kindly help a watch newbie please! Oh and any other watches within these price range are also welcome! Thank everyone!

Offline dpkong

Have not owned either one but both are good brands and solid watches. They way I see it all boils down to which design/dial suits you better.

Are you looking to buy new or used? For these models, there can be substantial savings buying used.

For me, between these 2, I'd go for the Omega

Offline Nazrain

Hi dpkong, im currently looking at them used, so they are priced relatively close about 10-14k. I really like the Omega and the history however since its an older watch (2015), will the service if needed be costly?

Offline dpkong

Hi dpkong, im currently looking at them used, so they are priced relatively close about 10-14k. I really like the Omega and the history however since its an older watch (2015), will the service if needed be costly?

According to ..

https://www.omegawatches.com/customer-service/interventions-and-prices/price-information

it's RM3,100 for a non-chronograph, non-precious metal watch.

I believe Tudor service prices would be similar to Rolex which are around RM3k as well..

If you feel the watch needs a service, factor that in when haggling.. because a used Omega doesn't sell very fast or at all and nowadays, grey dealers rarely want to even take them.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 01:48:24 PM by dpkong »

Offline Nazrain

Thanks for the info! Will visit the store soon to try the SMPc out to see how it looks. Any more feedback is much welcome!  :)

Offline rnsm1979

For the smpc, I think if you look around u might able to find the latest design in wave dial with that budget

Or you can opt for a used pelagos close to 10 to 12k depends on its condition

Offline dpkong

For the smpc, I think if you look around u might able to find the latest design in wave dial with that budget

Topic is deviating but... agree on the Pelagos as an option.. that's the only Tudor that I actually like.

Opinions are divided on the new Omega wave dial, very bold compared to the older subtle wave. The new green is very nice though.

Offline rnsm1979

Topic is deviating but... agree on the Pelagos as an option.. that's the only Tudor that I actually like.

Opinions are divided on the new Omega wave dial, very bold compared to the older subtle wave. The new green is very nice though.

very true, if he like the newer version with wave dial, he could avoid service cost
i too fancy the pelagos more than the smpc actually, it is more superior in term of spec with matte dial and bezel

Offline G.MAC

The focus on the design enumerated by the other replies here is the most apt advice before making your choice. I have heard of differing opinions when it comes to the design for the two watches you mentioned. Some of my friends even regretted not trying them on before buying. They found themselves staring at the quirks of the watches and disliking them. Since taste is subjective and you are going to live with your choice of watch; don't rush into your decision and try both out before spending your money.  :Cheers:
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dpkong

what I don't like about the Black Bay and probably most of the other Tudor other than Pelagos..

1. fake rivet bracelet
2. crown that looks like it isn't fully screwed in
3. thick casing for a 3 hand date watch

Offline Nazrain

Thanks for the advice everyone, i should add that im looking to trade my Longines Spirit Zulu Time for the Omega SMPc. The dealers wants RM4,500 additional to my longines. Im thinking if i should or not. Im keen on just selling off my longines and maybe wait for the newer seamaster to drop in price.

Offline dpkong

Seliing to a dealer is hassle-free and you can walk out with a new watch in less than an hour.

Selling the watch yourself may net you more money if you can find the buyer, and not get conned by a scammer instead.

Offline Nazrain

Just an update, after trying out both the Omega SMPc as well as the Tudor Black bay heritage 41. I ended up purchasing the Omega SMPc. As pointed out, the Black bay heritage is a thick boy. Didnt really like the thickness of it as compared to the Omega. Thanks everyone for the advice. Have a great day! Will some pictures of the watch soon when i receive it.

Offline bulletnos

Just an update, after trying out both the Omega SMPc as well as the Tudor Black bay heritage 41. I ended up purchasing the Omega SMPc. As pointed out, the Black bay heritage is a thick boy. Didnt really like the thickness of it as compared to the Omega. Thanks everyone for the advice. Have a great day! Will some pictures of the watch soon when i receive it.

Enjoy your new watch! Share some photos la haha :laugh :thumbsup:

Offline G.MAC

Congratulations on your latest acquisition. Wear the watch in good health.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline freedomyau

welcome aboard...enjoy ur journey ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Nazrain

Hahahaha, I picked up the watch earlier last week and been wearing the SMPc ever since. Love the watch! Been trying to find a way to upload a photo. I used tapatalk before this but now it i think its subscription based. Any alternative on how to post the photo? Directly here, there is a 1024kb limit tho.

Offline dpkong

Hahahaha, I picked up the watch earlier last week and been wearing the SMPc ever since. Love the watch! Been trying to find a way to upload a photo. I used tapatalk before this but now it i think its subscription based. Any alternative on how to post the photo? Directly here, there is a 1024kb limit tho.

easiest way in on a desktop, edit the pic to resize at 800x600 and remove location data.. a bit of hassle but worth it

Offline Nazrain

Thanks! Okay i resized it with MS Paint. Snapped this photo on my way to work last week. Under some trees as the light passes through them. Lovely watch!

Offline bulletnos

Thanks! Okay i resized it with MS Paint. Snapped this photo on my way to work last week. Under some trees as the light passes through them. Lovely watch!

Very nice!!! Enjoy your new found love!